Sunday, September 12, 2010

Staying positive: Sweet as Honey




So I didn’t get to go to Tegan and Sara, but instead Chelsea and I spent the day trying to go to animal shelters, but all of them were closed because of September 11th, so here’s a story real quick. We spend the morning driving to animal shelters and pet stores because I’m looking for a new dog, preferably a bigger dog, for when I move out and I’m on my own. So, after driving around for a bit we become frustrated and decide to go to an exotic pet shop, we start to drive towards the street it’s on when we pass by Pets Mart and I remembered that this weekend at Pets Mart they were having rescue dogs there for adoption. That’s when we decided to check it out and see if it was this weekend or not, because we weren’t too sure of the date of the rescue dogs. We park and Chelsea turns to me and starts telling me about how she understands my obsession/love of the Pit Bull breed ( Just a little pause in the story, Pit Bulls are my favorite breed of dogs and I will probably explain that in another blog, but Chelsea has been attacked by two Pit Bulls before so naturally she’s scared of them it’s not just because it was a Pit, the dog could have been Lab, or a Beagle she’s just scared of the fact that it attacked her. So, the Pit Bull thing has always been a touchy subject with us. But in the long run dogs come second to my friends.) anywho back to Chelsea’s speech, she starts telling me that she knows how bad I want a Pittie and how she knows it upsets me not to be able to have one, and that she is thinking about maybe the possibility of us getting one, but only if it’s a puppy and if it shows any aggression, the dog is gone. And, I responded with that I don’t want to force her to get something she’s scared of, and that no matter what dog I get if it’s aggressive it’s gone. So after talking about the Pit Bull thing we walk inside to see three dogs and three volunteers holding onto the leashes of the dogs. We first go to an older black lab by the name of Sadie, the volunteer tells us how Sadie is really sweet and drools a lot, I’m not too interested in her. I walk to the next dog I see Chihuahua in this dog, and the volunteer tells me that this dog’s name is Pax and he is an Italian Greyhound mix with a Chihuahua, he’s super sweet and climbs into my lap to give me kisses, but he’s a boy and I already have a boy dog and sometimes boy dogs just don’t mix well. Then there’s the last dog whose out, I see that she’s a pit mix with a husky, a pitsky, I bend down to pet her neck and the volunteer tells Chelsea and I that her name is Honey. I sit Indian style and Honey leans against me and begins to lay her neck in the crook of my neck and kisses my ear, you can see the love in her eyes. Chelsea then joins me on the ground and Honey goes to share the love with her as well giving her all kinds of kisses. The volunteer looks and sounds surprised when she tells me that Honey must really like me, she tells me that she’s a friendly dog but with me and Chelsea she just warmed up really fast and that she hasn’t been like that with other people.


Chelsea asked the lady for adoption papers, and filled them out for me because my handwriting is close compared to chicken scratch. This next week hopefully the adoption papers will go through, please keep Honey and I in your hopes and prayers.

So staying positive today is, I found the perfect dog for me and hopefully she’ll soon be home with me.

And to close us off here’s a photo of me with my hair spiked in 3-D.

No comments:

Post a Comment