Thursday, September 16, 2010

Music 101: Red Hot Chili Peppers- Can’t Stop



There is so much to say about the Red Hot Chili Peppers, I could easily write a college research paper over one of their cds, or even one of their songs. They are freaking intense. They’ve been together for over 20 years and still making amazing songs and showing bands how it’s done. Every member in the band makes everything..magical. Flea is easily one of the best bassist around he pours his heart into his bass and then there’s the front man Anthony with his clean vocals and extravagant vocabulary and rugged looks you know this man has been some where and has a story to tell. With 9 Cds under their belt RHCPs is doing just fine, but there is one song/video that just astounds me and that is why today class we are talking about; Can’t Stop.
If somebody came up to me and said, “ I’m thinking of starting a band, and I want a rock sound, what band should I listen to?” First, of all I would probably slap them for trying to just sound ,”rock”, but then direct them towards the video to Can’t Stop by RHCP. The song it’s self is a perfect blend of funk, punk, and alternative and honestly the holy grail of RHCP. So here do yourself a favor and go find the video and put it on repeat, because it’s damn near perfect.
I wish I could just write about how awesome this song/video is but I can’t, it’s impossible to put such an amazing song into words so here are my favorite screen caps from the video.






Red Hot Chili Peppers have everything that a good band needs:
-Heart
-Talent
-Sense of Humor
-Creativity
When I’m looking for a band I want a band that makes me addicted for more, one that I can listen to their whole cd and be transfixed with it, and when it comes to music videos I want to be able to watch them over and over like a 4 year old with a Barney tape. And, they have mastered that.


PS: Chelsea don't forget to do you paper...

1 comment:

  1. I was listening to them last night as I was doing my paper for English :)

    My brother introduced them to me when I was like 10 (i think) I fell in love with them <3

    ReplyDelete